5 Ways to Wear Your Summer Dresses in Fall and Winter
As the Halloween decorations fill the shelves in local markets, we are not only reminded of the holidays coming up, but also of the colder weather that is approaching. Autumn is a favorite time of year for most as it’s all about showing off your new sweaters, accessories, and boots. When winter comes, it’s hard to be stylish when the weather is so cold and all you can think about is how to keep warm.
During the colder months we can sometimes get into a fashion rut of wearing the same things over and over again. If you ask what my go-to is, I would tell you it’s a jacket, sweater, scarf, and boots on repeat everyday of the week, but who can really blame me? It’s easy to get comfortable in your winter wardrobe; however, just because it’s freezing cold outside doesn’t mean you have to hide all of your cute dresses in the closet until the temperature goes up. In fact, dresses can and should be worn even in the middle of the winter, as they have the potential to look really stylish and cute!
In order to make dresses appropriate during the cold, you’ll need to have some fashion basics such as leggings, boots, thick socks, tights, cardigans, coats, and scarves. You want to look cute, but you also want to keep warm. If you’re not exactly sure how to fit your summer dresses in with your style for the next few months, here are 5 tips on how to wear them in the winter.
- Throw a cashmere or wool sweater over your dress, and then add high boots and thick knee socks. You can also layer socks over knit tights, depending on how cold it is.
- Pair your lacey summer mini-dress with a leather jacket or blazer, black tights, and black booties.
- Add a scarf and high boots to a long-sleeved dress. You can also choose a pair of winter colored tights to wear with this outfit.
- Add as many layers to a sweater dress as possible. You could wear a chic hat or beanie, a jean jacket, a cardigan, a coat, a scarf, high socks, and some boots.
- Add a cardigan and scarf over your short-sleeved dress. Then wear a pair of pretty tights and lace-up ankle boots.
Now you have many options for wearing your favorite summer dresses in Fall and Winter!